Ladbroke Hall, Grade II Listed, was built in 1903 as the headquarters building for the Sunbeam Talbot Motor Company and as such was part of the first purpose-built car factory in Britain. The building contains two large spaces originally used as car showrooms as well as offices and panelled directors’ suite.
Avanti Architects were commissioned to carry out the restoration and conversion of the building to provide a community arts space, a children’s television studio, café and exhibition space, a primary health care centre and office accommodation.
Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, Environment Award
Conversion of Sunbeam’s historic motorcar showroom
Location London, UK
Photographer Nick Kane